The Grand Chorale goes co-ed on Oct. 10
October 6, 2015
For its first 26 years the Grand Chorale has been strictly a men's singing group. The international parent organization, the Barbershop Harmony Society, has a full 77 year history of the same exclusiveness.
All of that is changing now and our local chapter is in the lead for the Rocky Mountain District. The Grand Chorale's call for singers from the fair sex has so far enlisted two brave and talented ladies, Janet Harrington and Rosie Hollrah, both experienced singers with other groups. We're thrilled to have them.
Oct. 10 will find the newly cleaned up Chorale presenting a program at the Church of the Eternal Hills near Tabernash at 7 p.m. It will feature several numbers created and made famous by the Beatles along with a wide variety of other songs. The Chorale's own quartets will add their voices to the evenings offerings. Come and join us with no charge in an evening of good close harmony.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion