Acords celebrate 55th wedding anniversary
September 22, 2009
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Acord recently celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary. At the celebration were their five children, Terry (Steve) Zupan, Polly (Gary) Allison, Michael (Kim) Acord, Pat (Cathy) Acord and Kelli Acord. Many of their 13 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren were also in attendance. Mrs. Acord’s younger brother, Doug (Patty) Cody and close friend, Cookie Alexander, also attended the celebration.
The Acords were married Sept. 11, 1954, in Grand Lake. Don Acord retired from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and is currently self-employed. Shirley is retired from East Grand School District.
They have made their home in Granby for the past 41 years.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir