Bessie Minor Swift Foundation grant helps publish Grand County book
February 8, 2017
Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awarded a grant to the Grand County Historical Association to help underwrite the publishing expenses related to a new children's early reader full color picture book about Grand County history.
The new book, called A to Z: Your Grand County History Alphabet, combines historic and contemporary photographs with unique history. Each letter of the alphabet has a page. A is for Airplanes and Airports. B is for Brands, all the way to Z which is for Zephyr and Zerex.
Local author, Penny Rafferty Hamilton, donated her time and talent to create a fun book for children and families to enjoy together. Tourists and locals are encouraged to "Explore More" because Grand County has a number of free, local heritage projects. This new book is available on-line at http://www.amazon.com and will be available throughout Grand County retail locations soon.
A reminder that 100 percent of the proceeds go to the Grand County Historical Association for historic preservation projects.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch