Call for nominations for Excellence in Healthcare
March 22, 2016
The Grand County Rural Health Network is accepting nominations for the 2016 Therese McElroy Award for Excellence in Healthcare Service. Write 500 words about someone who best personifies service in healthcare and would be a worthy role model to be emulated by others.
Therese McElroy, RN was honored with the first ever award in 2013 for 50 years of service, most of which was in Grand County. McElroy is a modern-day "Nursey Young"; she is a modern-day healthcare provider that truly shaped the way healthcare is provided and delivered in Grand County. McElroy has worked in a variety of settings locally, including the hospital, school nurse and home health. She is an example of excellence in healthcare service. Past recipients include: Mary Jo Hargadine, RN in 2014; Hannah Foley, NP and Ray Jennings in 2015.
Future award recipients should be in the healthcare field, either professionally or as a volunteer. They do not have to be a healthcare provider, but someone who has significantly contributed to healthcare locally. Nominees are voted on and selected by the Board of Directors. Recipients are honored at the Network's Bulls, Boots, and BBQ fundraiser on August 19, 2016. Nominations due by May 20. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Trending In: Announcements
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea