Centennial man suffers injury from boat propeller on Grand Lake
May 31, 2012
GRAND LAKE – Jason Mazzoni of Centennial was injured on Saturday, May 26, when he was thrown out of his boat as it hit a wake from another boat on Grand Lake.
Mazzoni suffered lacerations to his leg from his boat’s propeller when he slipped off the bow and went under the boat as it was stopping.
Grand County EMS, Grand Lake Fire, and a Grand County Sheriff’s deputy responded to the 9-1-1 call at 6:31 p.m. on Saturday. Mazzoni was flown to a Denver hospital by North Colorado Med Evac from the Grand Lake Elementary School parking lot.
Grand County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating, pending follow-up with the injured party, according to Sheriff’s officials.
Trending In: Announcements
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Resort’s Zephyr Express to be replaced by new 10-person gondola (with video)