Chris Cox Nordic fundraiser Sunday, Grand Lake Nordic Center
March 17, 2016
The Middle Park High School Interact Club hosts a Freestyle Nordic Race at Grand Lake Nordic Center on Sunday, March 13 for Chris Cox, a local High School Senior who has spent most of the year at Children's Hospital.
On September 17, 2015 Cox was diagnosed with Idiopathic Acute Aplastic Anemia. This disease has caused his bone marrow to work at a severely inhibited rate. Due to a lack of platelets in his blood, his body does not have the ability to clot blood. This means that even the smallest of scraps could be fatal for Chris. In addition to being unable to clot blood, the disease has left Chris in a fragile, unstable condition.
A Bone Marrow Drive and Blood drive in December led to a recent Bone Marrow transplant but it is still early to confirm results.
Registration for the race begins at 8:30 a.m. and race start times at 10 a.m. for the 2K, 5K or 10K Nordic race.
All proceeds go to the Cox family for Chris.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart