Community Garden applications being accepted in Grand County
April 7, 2015
The Grand Community Gardens are gearing up for the 2015 growing season and accepting application for bed rentals in Kremmling, Hot Sulphur Springs, Granby and Fraser.
Applications and contact information for the garden site coordinators along with other information about the CSU Extension /Grand Community Gardens Program, is available at http://www.grandcommunitygardens.org .
Gardening classes offered through a joint effort between the Grand Community Gardens Organization and CSU Extension of Grand County. On April 18 from 1-3 p.m., a Boot Camp for high altitude gardening basics will be held at the Mountain Parks Electric Building in Granby. The boot camp will introduce participants to the basics of soil management, plant selection and season-extension methods.
A question and answer roundtable discussion will take place on April 25 from 1-3 p.m. at same the location for more experienced gardeners. Bring your garden issue and question to ask a panel of experienced gardeners in Grand County.
For any other questions about Community Gardens, gardening classes or other garden and landscape question contact the CSU Extension Grand County Office at 970-724-3436.
Trending In: Announcements
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion