Firewood permits on sale from USFS
August 25, 2016
Permits to cut firewood on the Arapaho National Forest's Sulphur Ranger District are available fom the district office at 9 Ten Mile Drive in Granby. Permits are sold on a per cord basis and cost $12 per cord with a minimum first time purchase of two cords (a cord measures about four feet wide by four feet high by eight feet long; or two pickup loads full).
Permits are good for the calendar year (January – December) in which they are purchased.
Permits come with a map that shows areas open to firewood cutting on the district. Firewood cutting permit rules include no felling of standing trees, live or dead; keeping vehicles on Forest Service roads and not blocking traffic; and not damaging roads, trails, or other improvements on Forest Service land or adjacent private property. While out in the forest, be mindful of your surroundings and watch out for falling trees. For additional information contact the Sulphur Ranger District at 970-887-4100.
Trending In: Announcements
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Letter: Trying to mislead the public