Friends of Berthoud Pass to host avalanche education presentation at WInter Park Pub Monday
January 31, 2013
The Friends of Berthoud Pass, a nonprofit dedicated to the preservation of backcountry activities on the pass, will host an avalanche awareness presentation upstairs at the Winter Park Pub at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 4, that will cover the basics of how to travel safely in the backcountry.
The presentation is an opportunity for novices to be introduced to backcountry safety and avalanche conditions. The event will also allow seasoned veterans to brush up on their knowledge and skills as well as provide an excellent chance to connect with like minded individuals and enjoy a beer and a burger at the pub.
The presentation will last about two and a half hours, is free, and is the beginning of the group’s avalanche education curriculum. The second piece of the curriculum is the on snow training that will take place Feb. 9 and 10 on Berthoud Pass.
To take the on-snow education offered by the Friends of Berthoud Pass participants must become a member of the organization by visiting http://www.berthoudpass.org, where they can also learn more about the organization and upcoming events.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business