From the Vault: What happened in Grand 100 Years Ago
March 1, 2016
Excerpts from the Middle Park Times – March 3, 1916
Owing to the fact that the films to have been shown here Sunday night did not arrive till Monday, the boys gave their show and another dance Monday night, which was well attended. About fourteen from Fraser came down.
Knowing that a hint to the wise is (generally) sufficient, we are wondering why a live booster like Bart will let his sister towns, Hot Sulphur Springs and Granby get ahead of him on such a proposition as a Ladies Night at his pool room. This is proving quite a popular attraction to the ladies of Granby, and Hot Sulphur Springs will not be long in following the same example . How about it. Bart ? Must we admit that Tabernash is behind the times?
The party of enthusiastic hunters, including our game warden, arrived in Tabernash last Saturday, intent on the capture of the big mountain lion seen so frequently of late, returned to their respective towns Monday without having found a trace of their wary game. Tuesday morning, however, the report was current of an attack by said lion on a horse belonging to Johnnie Hughes. We presume Mr. Lion will have further dealings with the disappointed band of hunters.
Williams Fork Items
The Williams Fork Telephone Co. directors are expecting to improve their system by putting in a switchboard at Louie Fick's and dividing the line into four branches and a direct wire to Hot Sulphur Springs. This work will be started as soon as practicable."
Submitted by the Heritage Coalition of Grand County – GrandCountyHistory.org
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir