Gordon Spitzmiller Memorial Scholarship in Grand Lake
March 23, 2016
The Rotary Club of Grand Lake is pleased to offer a two-year vocational or business school scholarship for $1,000 per year to qualified applicants. This scholarship is in honor of Gordon Spitzmiller, a long time member of the Grand Lake Rotary and former proprietor of Grand Lake Plumbing. Our objective is to provide financial aid for training in vocations such as plumbing, electrical, automotive or aircraft mechanics, medical assistants, paralegal, secretarial, food management/culinary and similar pursuits. In order to qualify, an applicant must either be a Grand Lake area resident, have parents who work in Grand Lake, or be a member of the MPHS Interact Club. The second-year scholarship is awarded based upon the first year performance.
The deadline for application review is April 1. Those wishing to apply can contact Grand Lake Rotary, P.O. Box 723, Grand Lake, CO, or call Ray Hauschel for an application at 970-342-6050.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom