Grand County Characters presents free event June 13
June 12, 2012
The Grand County Characters will present an evening with the Rowley Family on Wednesday, June 13, at 7 p.m. at the Rowley Homestead at the YMCA-Snow Mountain Ranch.
The Rowleys were newcomers to the area in 1919, living in a tent on property adjacent to the Just Ranch (also part of the YMCA). The cabin and barn were set in a beautiful location, overlooking Pole Creek. Over the years, Fred Rowley was able to prove up the homestead, while working occasionally at the Moffat Railroad roundhouse in Tabernash. His family, however, chose to return to Denver each fall for the school session, returning to the homestead for the summers.
The event is free and open to the public.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart