Grand County tests Code Red Emergency Notification on June 7
June 5, 2012
Grand County Office of Emergency Management will be testing the Code Red emergency notification system countywide. Thursday, June 7, residents who have registered their cellular phone can expect a call between 1 and 2 p.m. with a test message. Calls to landline phones can be expected if they are registered into Code Red. The phone number that will appear is 866-419-5000 or Emergency Comm.
Code Red is a communication tool that works for cells phones as emergency notification works for landlines. Code Red has been beneficial to community members and second homeowners who may not have a landline phone in their homes. In times of evacuation, fire or other public emergencies the Code Red system will call your registered mobile phone and playback a recorded message from the Grand County Office of Emergency Management. It can also send text and/or e-mail to inform you of the incident and important instructions. You can register for Code Red at http://www.gcemergency.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch