Grand County tests Code Red Emergency Notification on June 7
June 5, 2012
Grand County Office of Emergency Management will be testing the Code Red emergency notification system countywide. Thursday, June 7, residents who have registered their cellular phone can expect a call between 1 and 2 p.m. with a test message. Calls to landline phones can be expected if they are registered into Code Red. The phone number that will appear is 866-419-5000 or Emergency Comm.
Code Red is a communication tool that works for cells phones as emergency notification works for landlines. Code Red has been beneficial to community members and second homeowners who may not have a landline phone in their homes. In times of evacuation, fire or other public emergencies the Code Red system will call your registered mobile phone and playback a recorded message from the Grand County Office of Emergency Management. It can also send text and/or e-mail to inform you of the incident and important instructions. You can register for Code Red at http://www.gcemergency.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Crews strengthen defense lines around Silver Creek Fire
- Colorado scientists warn of links between climate change and worsening wildfires
- Forest Service cleans up illegal marijuana grow site near Redstone
- Weekend storm front helps cool fire activity on Silver Creek blaze
- Fraser man faces felony menacing, domestic violence charges following Saturday incident