Grand Lake Fire Department to host open house, barbecue
October 4, 2011
Grand Lake Fire Protection District will be hosting its annual Open House and Community BBQ on Oct. 5 to celebrate Fire Prevention Week.
There will be activities and giveaways for all ages; station tours, information on wildfire mitigation, escape planning, a complimentary community barbecue and refreshments. Smokey Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog, along with representatives from other local agencies, will share what they do for the community.
Thanks to some help from federal grants, parents can earn free smoke detectors, and kids can earn a bundle of give-aways including fire hats, key chains, erasers, stickers, magnets, rulers, pencils, yo-yos and a special prize upon certificate completion.
The Open House will take place at the Town Fire Station, 201 West Portal, from 4-7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 5. Stop by and learn more about how to keep homes and children “fire safe.” Or just stop by for a free barbecue and to say hello. Call 627-8428 with questions.
Trending In: Announcements
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion