Historic Fraser, save the 4 BAR 4
May 17, 2016
Historic Fraser announced new Board members this week: Greg Braden, Kent Wehmeyer, Wade Blacketor, Bernard Siegel, Steven Watts and Ronda Dorchester.
New members join Fran Cook, Trude Kleess, and Wayne Brogelman. Founder and longtime President, Dave Lively stepped down in April. Greg Braden, Vice President, will serve as interim President until the tax exempt charity's annual meeting in June.
The new Board members are already working to re-ignite the effort to save the 4 BAR 4, a local landmark on County Road 5 a few miles northwest of Fraser. Homesteaded by Dick McQueary in 1895, the 4 Bar 4 served as a stagecoach stop and hotel for the Georgetown stage line connecting Georgetown and Hot Sulphur Springs. In 1913 the barn became a final assembly point for Ford Model-T parts shipped by rail to Fraser, making it the first automobile dealership in Grand County and west of Denver.
The buildings have fallen into disrepair due to 35 years of neglect and are in need of major restoration. The new team will raise private and public funds to complete the preservation beginning this summer and continuing the next two summers.
Trending In: Announcements
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion