Little Sprouts fundraiser
May 10, 2016
Little Sprouts Learning Center in Granby is an early care and learning center open to children 8 weeks to 6-years-old. Little Sprouts Executive Director Jessica Driver said this first year has exceed her expectations.
"We expected to be full by next year," she said. "But we've been full since March. It grew a little quicker than expected and there are a few spaces available."
Little Sprouts has board members who help with fundraising. The school has also received grants with help from the community.
"We have scholarships available through The Grand Foundation to help keep costs lower for families that qualify," she said.
Additionally, with a staff of 10 the school is providing jobs for the county.
"I am so thankful for the community support and all the help to make Little Sprouts Learning Center successful."
Little Sprouts hosts a fundraising dinner from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. Thursday, May 12 at Brickhouse 40 in Granby. 20 percent of the dining proceeds will be donated to Little Sprouts.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir