Local celebration of Charles Lindbergh’s historic transatlantic flight
May 18, 2016
May 20 is the 89th Anniversary of Charles Lindbergh's historic transatlantic flight in the Spirit of St. Louis. Lindbergh's spirit will be celebrated from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Grand County Historical Association Emily Warner Field Aviation Museum at 1023 CR 610 in the former Rocky Mountain Airways airline terminal building at Granby/Grand County Airport with two Lindbergh re-enactors, Will O'Donnell of the historic Grand Lake O'Donnell family, and Winter Park Christian student, Vincent Magee. Also, the iconic Jimmy Stewart movie, The Spirit of St. Louis, will be continuously playing on a small video player.
At high noon, a short ceremony will be held to officially announce the adoption of the aviation museum into the Grand County Historical Association family of heritage museums. The event is free and all ages are encouraged to enjoy this family-friendly event.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position