Middle Park inducts new NHS scholars
May 25, 2016
Middle Park High School (MPHS) held their annual induction ceremony for new members of the National Honor Society during the afternoon of Tuesday, May 10.
The event featured nine new student inductees to MPHS's Kapimish Chapter of the National Honor Society. Students who were inducted in 2016 include: Ian Carver, Logan Miyauchi, Erin Emery, Jorune Klisauskaite, Harry Lietzke, Karmen Reynolds, Alistair Schwab, Elliot Shaw and Raylin Wikoff. Both Carver and Miyauchi are seniors at MPHS while the other inductees are currently juniors.
The induction ceremony was overseen by the MPHS Kapimish Chapter sponsors; math teachers Wendy Hoffmeister and Shirley Reynolds. The ceremony kicked off with readings from current MPHS National Honor Society members. Afterwards the list of new inductees was read along with a brief biography of each student and their efforts at MPHS that garnered induction to the prestigious academic organization. Middle Park Principal Thom Schnellinger also spoke, extolling the virtues exemplified by students who become members of the society.
At the end of the formal ceremony students, staff, family and well wishers enjoyed refreshments during a brief greeting session.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally