Nonprofit of the Week
May 1, 2014
The Early Education Center at Winter Park Resort has been a long-standing employee benefit, valued by parents and resort business managers with its location, proximity to base-area services, and Monday-Friday programming. The Center is proud of the quality of early childhood programs and the commitment of qualified Education Center teachers. Few resorts continue to offer on-site child-care development programs because of cost and risk factors, but the Resort remains committed to supporting the education center as a year-round employee service. The mission of the Education Center is quality child care by meeting the physical, cognitive, and social-emotional needs of participants. It has a current enrollment of 37 children from ages 2 months to 6 years. The Education Center has been a regular recipient of Grand Foundation grant funds, while also giving back to the local community via annual coat drives each October, and food drives in November, each benefitting the Mountain Family Center.
This feature is made possible in partnership with the Grand Foundation, in support of Grand County nonprofits.
Trending In: Announcements
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Resort’s Zephyr Express to be replaced by new 10-person gondola (with video)