Scavenger Hunt Scheduled June 9 for Grand Futures
May 10, 2012
Grand Futures Prevention Coalition is holding its First Adventure 5K Scavenger Hunt on June 9 in Steamboat Springs.
Registration and check-in is from 8-9 a.m., with the race starting at 9 a.m. The event will be open to all, but is geared toward families as a fun-filled way to support the work of Grand Futures Prevention Coalition in turning youth away from substance use and toward healthy lifestyle choices.
Teams of four can vie for prizes as they follow the course through varied terrain and take on challenges at each of the three checkpoints.
A prize will also be awarded for best costume. Pre-registration, until June 1, is $100 for teams of four and $75 for family teams of four, consisting of at least one adult and children under 16. Participants can register after June 1 up until the day of the race, with a $20 late registration fee.
More information, sponsorship forms and online registration can be found on the GFPC website at http://www.grandfutures.org. You can also contact one of the three Grand County Prevention Coalition offices at 970-879-6188 (Routt County), 970-824-5752 (Moffat County) or 970-887-9655 (Grand County).
Trending In: Announcements
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground