Snowmobilers rescued near Meadow Creek Reservoir area last weekend
March 17, 2016
A pair of snowmobilers were retrieved from the Meadow Creek Reservoir area over the weekend in a successful search and rescue operation.
Initial calls regarding two possibly overdue snowmobilers were received shortly after 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 27. According to Call Log data provided by the Grand County Sheriff's Office the two subjects became stuck in a bowl while snowmobiling near Meadow Creek Reservoir. Both subjects were properly dressed for the weather conditions with water, fire sticks and space blankets on hand.
The Call Log details indicate Grand County Search and Rescue (GCSAR) team members were paged out at 6:07 p.m. Saturday evening. On-scene Incident Command was established at the Meadow Creek Snowmobile Area at 7:23 p.m. with the first team entering the field at 8:15 p.m.
Search and Rescue team members located the two snowmobilers at 9:33 p.m. According to the GCSAR Facebook page the two men were, "warm and in good spirits when rescuers arrived." The Facebook posting goes on to state that the two missing men were found a short 20-minute snowshoe hike from the main packed trail.
According to the Call Log GCSAR team members were out of the field with the subjects by 10:42 p.m. Saturday night.
Trending In: Announcements
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Grand County athletes wrap up Paralympic games in South Korea