Trail Ridge Road not opening on Friday
May 27, 2016
Due to current road and weather conditions and predicted weather forecast,Trail Ridge Road will not open today, Friday, May 27.
"We will continue to evaluate day by day over the weekend," said spokesperson, Kyle Patterson of Rocky Mountain National Park.
This morning, park rangers experienced 20 to 30 mph winds with white out conditions and a high temperature of 24 degrees above 11,000 feet. Road conditions were treacherous with extreme ice, according to the statement released Friday morning by the park.
Trending In: Announcements
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion