Updated: Snowmobiler on Flight for Life to Denver, compound leg fracture
March 19, 2016
Grand County Search and Rescue and EMS responded this morning to a snowmobile accident on County Road 50 near Fraser. The person who called 911 stated there was a leg amputation situation. However, John Sanderson, GCSAR president, confirmed that the injury is a compound fracture below the knee.
Flight for Life was able to land at the accident location in Church's Park, 7 miles from County Road 50. They packaged him for transport to St. Anthony's Hospital in Denver, said Sanderson.
Grand County Search and Rescue had the exact coordinates of the injured person, he said. The Grand County Sheriff's Office called Flight for Life.
"Since the Church's Park area is a wide open space it was good for landing the helicopter."
This story will be updated when more details of the accident become available.
Trending In: Announcements
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom