Vice Principal for a day, Lucas Reade
May 3, 2016
April 28, 2016
Greetings, Granby community.
This is Vice-Principal Mr. Lucas Reade of Granby Elementary. Well, at least today I was!
Since I'm only 8-years-old, I bet you're wondering how I got this position. I, Mr. Lucas R., raised the most money in the entire school with $1,105.38 during Hop for Healthy Hearts, our fundraiser for a new swing set on our school playground.
In addition to throwing whipped cream pies in the counselor's faces during the assembly, I was awarded the honor of being Vice Principal under Mrs. Harmon for the day. My day started with a strategy meeting with the principal, including an introduction on the intercom for the whole school and receiving my official I.D. badge. I observed classrooms and delivered secretary appreciation gifts. I enjoyed a special lunch from Pearl Dragon (General Tso's chicken – my favorite) with the GRRR slip winners from each class in the school, followed by recess. I prepared and delivered teacher appreciation gifts to all of the teachers. After a tasty snack, I delivered the end-of-the-day notes to students and wrote this press release. And, now it's time for my final intercom announcement!
I had a great day!!
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch