Work Your Pass Off day
May 19, 2016
Volunteers can earn a free annual pass for the Arapaho National Recreation Area (ANRA) by volunteering for a four-hour cleanup day Saturday, May 21. Meet at the Green Ridge Boat Launch on Shadow Mountain Lake or the Sunset Point Boat Launch on Lake Granby at 8 a.m. ready to pick up trash until noon along the lakeshores and recreation sites. Participants should dress appropriately; bring work gloves, snacks, water and rain gear.
In order to earn an annual ANRA pass, participants must be at least 18 years old and sign a volunteer agreement at one of the boat launches in the morning. Volunteers completing four hours of work will receive a voucher for an annual pass from Forest Service employees at the boat launches. The ANRA annual pass is valid for an entire immediate family for entrance to the recreation area for one calendar year. Therefore, only one family member need volunteer to earn a pass for their family.
For those who pay for their pass, the majority of fee receipts are reinvested in the ANRA to improve facilities, visitor services, and natural resource stewardship. For more information call 970-887-4100.
Trending In: Announcements
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park