Wreaths Across America honor vets in Kremmling December 12
December 9, 2015
Kremmling, Colorado – Members of the Grand County community will gather to honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day (WAA). The VFW Auxiliary and the Town of Kremmling have volunteered to conduct the WAA ceremony this year at the Kremmling Cemetery on Saturday Dec. 12 at 11 a.m. Seven ceremonial wreaths will be placed to remember all soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who served, honor their sacrifices, and teach our younger generations about the high cost of our freedoms.
Currently 126 wreaths are slated for delivery to Kremmling.
In 2015 it is projected that around a million wreaths will be placed nationwide, by over 600,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember, Honor, and Teach.
Wreaths across America TM (WAA) is a national nonprofit organization founded in 2007 to continue and expand the annual wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery begun by Maine businessman, Morrill Worcester, in 1992
For more information about the ceremony at the Kremmling Cemetery, please contact Micah Benson with the VFW Auxiliary 970-509-0021 or Rhonda Shearer with the Town of Kremmling at 970-724-3249.
Trending In: Announcements
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park