Attainable housing, transportation update
Catherine Ross of the Winter Park & Fraser Chamber gave an update of the joint strategic plan for economic development (between WP and Fraser) at the Fraser Board of Trustee Meeting on June 1.
• The town of Fraser plans to explore a needs assessment much like the Winter Park Needs Assessment from 2015. The towns will join together to collect inventory and search for vacant land parcels that have the potential of becoming attainable housing.
• They will encourage development of workforce housing that is accessible by public transportation.
• Winter Park has negotiated the construction of 42 affordable housing units through the development of the Sitzmark South project. Construction is scheduled to start this month.
Progress on transportation system
• Sales tax initiative and full-time operations commencing in 2015.
• Winter Park has hired a full-time Transit Manager, acquired 10 transit coaches from RTD Denver that are currently being rehabilitated and will be operational sometime during ski season.
• Winter Park received an $800,000 grant from CDOT for two new full-sized transit coaches and one smaller bus. Delivery is expected in 2018.
• They are working on a GPS program so riders can find the exact location of the bus giving them more time to shop or take another lap at the resort.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.