Basalt carbon monoxide poisoning was accidental | SkyHiNews.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Basalt carbon monoxide poisoning was accidental

BASALT, Colo. (AP) – The carbon monoxide poisoning of a couple in Basalt was accidental, the result of what could be the “biggest mistake of the year” according to the woman’s son.

On Thursday 68-year-old Fran Blum and her 75-year-old husband Jon were found unconscious by another couple and have since recovered. Police were puzzled because a vehicle had been left running in the attached garage and a carbon monoxide detector had been removed and disabled.

Fran Blum’s son Ed Freedman says Jon Blum left their Range Rover running in the garage after returning from dinner the night before. When the detector went off around midnight, he says they believed it was a malfunctioning smoke detector and removed the battery and took it off the wall. Freedman says it’s a wake up call to educate people about carbon monoxide detectors.

Support Local Journalism

Information from: The Aspen Times, http://www.aspentimes.com/


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User