UPDATED: Crews extinguish Granby home fire; 3 dogs rescued from inside
Updated at 3:15 p.m. Thursday with cause of fire and additional details.
GRANBY — Fire crews were able to safely extinguish a blaze that ignited this morning inside a home on County Road 606.
No injuries were reported, according to Schelly Olson, spokesperson for Grand Fire Protection District No. 1. Nobody was at home at the time of the fire, which crews responded to just after 10 a.m. Thursday. Crews put out the fire and cleared the scene just before 2 p.m.
Smoke and flames caused major damage to the attic and upper floor of the two-story home, though the majority of the structure remained intact, according to Olson.
Olson said that investigators believed a wood-burning stove to be the fire’s origin.
The only inhabitants of the home at the time, according to Olson, were three dogs that were located in the basement. Grand County Sheriff’s Deputy Derek Bell and Grand Fire Interim Chief Brad White were able to enter the structure and rescue the canines. They were recovered unharmed.
The home is located near the end of the road, with only a few other homes in the vicinity.
Mutual aid was requested of the East Grand and Hot Sulphur-Parshall Fire Protection District. Officials with the Grand County Sheriff’s Office were also on-scene.
Smoke and a few small flames could be seen billowing from the structure, which is located off County Road 6 in Granby, behind the Granby/Grand County Airport.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.