Hester’s Log and Lumber in Kremmling wins safety award
November 25, 2014
Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado's leading workers' compensation insurer, has named Hester's Log and Lumber as a recipient of its Circle of Safety Award. This is the first time that the company has received this honor and they are the only company in Grand County to be recognized, according to the insurer.
The award recognizes businesses for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management. A total of 43 companies across the state were recognized.
"Less than one percent of Pinnacol's 55,000 policyholders meet the criteria for this award," said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol's president and CEO. "The recipients are an elite group whose commitment to safety and sound risk management practices qualify for this honor."
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
• Pinnacol policyholder for at least four years
• 85 or less Experience Modification Rating each policy period
• Combined four-year loss ratio of 25 percent or less
• 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
• Designated providers each year
• Two or less notices of cancellation each year
• No non-compliant audits
• Must currently hold the State of Colorado's Cost Containment Certification
• No fatalities
• Approved return-to-work program
Trending In: Business
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion