Talking Shop: Jim & Liza Cervenka, GL Art Gallery
March 25, 2014
Jim and Liza Cervenka, owners of the Grand Lake Art Gallery, 1117 Grand Avenue
How long have you been in business? Gallery established 1991, we purchased in 2004.
How did you get started in this business? Liza was a prior employee.
How do you cope with Grand County's seasonal surges? We learn to take one day at a time.
How do you feel about direct competition? We embrace competition.
How do you market yourself? Word of mouth and Sky-Hi
What's the main thing you have you learned in your years in business? Stay calm
Who is your biggest business influence/mentor? There are two; Donna Ready and J.C. Cavelera, for their knowledge, integrity and caring.
What do you think is the most significant economic driver in Grand County? Tourism
If you could go back in time and start up your business venture all over again, what would you do differently? Column is not big enough!
What's the best compliment you received from a customer? "Love this gallery, so relaxing and beautiful"
What organization(s) is (are) most useful to business owners? We are a huge supporter of the Grand Lake Chamber.
What's the general key to making a customer? The old adage that they are always right (we bite our tongue a lot)
If you could give advice to a novice entrepreneur, what would it be? Still learning
Trending In: Business
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position