Winter Park McDonald’s celebrates newly renovated restaurant
December 13, 2013
Winter Park Mayor Jim Myers and local McDonald's owners, the Nichols Family, will kick off the grand opening of the newly improved Winter Park restaurant with a special literacy event. The Mayor and Ronald McDonald will read one of this year's One Book 4 Colorado selected books, and Ronald McDonald will read one of the McDonald's Happy Meal books to a group of children. The Mayor plans to cut the ribbon to reopen the restaurant. Children will receive Happy Meals and a complimentary book. Prizes such as an iPad Mini, Kindle Fire, 3 iPod shuffles, food prizes, and other giveaways will be raffled off during the event.
All Winter Park and Fraser residents are invited to join in on the fun. Free coffee, small drinks for adults and children's ice cream cones will be given out until 2 p.m. on Dec. 13. Other free menu items will be provided during the event and several special raffles will be given away, such as free Big Macs once a week for a year.
Trending In: Business
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Shed antler hunting gets restrictions to reduce stress on wildlife
- Mountain Parks Electric to build fiber-optic backbone for internet service
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight