Wyndam Casitas project gets under way in Grand Elk
September 18, 2014
Questions still exist about the degree to which Grand County has recovered economically from the Great Recession. That hasn't stopped big money investors from putting large sums into real estate development in the area.
The Wyndham Worldwide corporation is currently working on a large multi-building development directly across 10 Mile Drive from the Grand Elk golf clubhouse. The new development will feature at least six new "Presidential Casitas," according to the company.
Wyndham expects construction and resident registration to be completed sometime early next year.
Information regarding the development was difficult to obtain. Local Wyndham representatives declined to speak with the Sky-Hi News about the project. Representatives of the Wyndham Corporate offices in Orlando, Fla., stated they would only answer questions about the development after construction was completed and registration of the Casitas is complete.
The Wyndham Casitas construction project is being direct by Horizon Construction Group, LLC out of Madison, Wis. The firm Pierce Engineers of Milwaukee, Wis., did the project's structural engineer work.
Trending In: Business
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Letter: Trying to mislead the public