The following events and activities in Grand County and Colorado have been postponed or canceled due to the coronavirus:
• The Grand County Blues Society has canceled the 18th annual Blues From The Top Music Festival on June 27–28. Ticket purchases will be refunded. If you have already bought tickets, you will get a refund notification from the festival and Eventbrite over the next 30-45 days. For questions, email email@example.com
• Winter Park Resort and Granby Ranch will remain closed until further notice, including all planned events.
• Rocky Mountain National Park is closed to all visitors.
• All three District Attorney’s offices are closed to the public. Staff are in office to take phone calls. The public can call the numbers below from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Grand County 970-725-3371
• Routt County 970-870-5200
• Moffat County 970-824-7041
• East and West Grand schools have both announced school closures through April 17. Any closure past April 17 will be evaluated in the future. District leadership continues to coordinate plans for delivering education and services during the closure.
• All Grand County government buildings and facilities are closed to the general public until further notice. The public in encouraged to conduct business online and by telephone. Go to http://www.co.grand.co.us or contact an applicable department with questions. People can use the Voter Ballot Dropbox in front of the main Administration Building to submit documents such as tax payment, voter registrations, etc.
• Grand County Board of County Commissioners meetings will be live streamed. Any members of the public wishing to provide testimony can contact the office of Community Development at 970-725-3077 for a conference call-in number and passcode.
• Grand County Library District has made the decision to temporarily close all library branches to the public and will re-evaluate the closure on April 6. While GCLD is closed to the public:
- Due dates will be extended
- Fees on checked out materials will be waived
- Items on hold will be available for pickup once branches reopen
- All study room and community room reservations are cancelled
- All library programs and events are cancelled; this includes the Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17
- If someone needs a new library card, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Friends of the Library will not be accepting donations at the Sky-Hi News office until further notice.
• Granby Town Offices are closed to the public until further notice. Limited resources will be available by calling 970-887-2501. The Granby Police Department will remain open. If you need to meet or speak with an officer, call dispatch at 970-725-3311 to arrange for a meeting at the police department.
• Middle Park Health has closed the Kremmling Wellness Center until further notice.
• The Grand County Animal Shelter will be open by appointment only until further notice. Call 970-887-2988 for questions or to schedule an appointment.
• The Granby Recreation Department closed its facilities to the public and canceled its programming until further notice.
• The Grand Lake Visitor’s Center is closed until further notice.
• Grand Lake Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice, but staff are still available by phone at 970-627-3435 and via email.
• City Market in Granby is operating on reduced hours from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Fraser Valley Ace Hardware’s hours have changed so the store is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
• Headwaters River Journey and Headwaters Center are closed through April 30. The reopening date is subject to change. All public events during this time have been canceled. Booked special events are being handled on a case by case basis.
• Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa will be closed until May 22, subject to evaluation based on conditions as they evolve. All guests with existing reservations through May 22 will receive a full refund for the canceled portion of their reservation or the option of rebooking.
• Devil’s Thumb Ranch also closed its sister properties in Winter Park, including Trailhead Inn, Vasquez Creek Inn and Volario’s until May 22.
• Snow Mountain Ranch has suspended operations through April 6 with further evaluations as the date draws near.
• The Grand Lake Nordic Center has closed, but trails remain available to ski at your own risk.
• The Fraser Winter Park Municipal Court canceled its March 19 court date. All names on the March docket are automatically being moved to 1 p.m. April 16 at the Winter Park Town Hall.
• The Grand County Irrigated Lands Company Annual Share Holder’s meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Granby Library has been canceled.
• The Fraser Valley Metropolitan Recreation District has decided to close the Grand Park Recreation Center and all of its other facilities to the public beginning 6 p.m. March 15 through April 5. Its programs will also be suspended until further notice.
• Kremmling Skijouring, scheduled for March 28, has been canceled.
• The Foundry Cinema and Bowling Alley will be closed in accordance with the Fraser Valley Metropolitan Recreation District’s decision on closing facilities.
• All Grand County Historical Association museums will be closed to the public until March 22. This includes the Cozens Ranch Museum and Pioneer Village Museum.
• Senior Nutrition Meals are being suspended to keep vulnerable residents as healthy and safe as possible, county officials said. If you are in need of food assistance, contact Grand County Senior Nutrition at 970-725-3288.
• The 9News Health Fairs in Granby and Kremmiling have been canceled.
• Wylie’s Paint and Games has canceled all of its gaming events and meet-ups for the next two weeks.
• Mountain Valley Christian and Winter Park Christian are closed until April 5.
• Gov. Jared Polis said Friday that he is ordering the cancellation of large public gatherings in Colorado. Any gatherings over 250 people must be called off, unless they can successfully ensure 6 feet of distance between parties.
• (Updated) The Colorado High School Activities Association has canceled all spring sports and activities for 30 days due to concerns about the novel coronavirus. The most recent updates include:
- The Spring Sports moratorium is extended through April 18. CHSAA encourages schools to set stricter standards on student gatherings outside of the high school.
- All CHSAA Music Events have been cancelled for 2020.
- The CHSAA Hall of Fame, scheduled for April 14, has been cancelled.
- The CHSAA Legislative Council meeting, scheduled for April 15, has been postponed pending changes in the public gathering restrictions.
- The State Speech Tournament and Student Leadership Advisor U have been postponed until later in the spring pending changes in the public gathering restrictions.
- CHSAA office will remain closed until March 30, with staff working remotely from home.
- CHSAA will recognize individual participants from the CHSAA State Basketball Championships with a memento in the coming weeks to recognize their leadership and resolve during that week.
• The United States of America Snowboard and Freeski Association canceled its annual USASA Nationals event, scheduled for March 27 through April 8 at Copper Mountain Resort.
• The 36th annual Snow Mountain Ranch Stampede Race was canceled. Snow Mountain Ranch has said participants will receive full refunds.
Report event cancellations via email at email@example.com. This running list will be updated as events are reported.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.
Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.
If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User