Carbon monoxide suspected in deaths of two West Slope people
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning may have killed two people who were found dead over the weekend in Cache County.
The Cache County sheriff’s office says 28-year-old Steven Dowdy, of Clifton, Colo., and 10-year-old Darian Thomlinson, of Grand Junction, Colo., were found unresponsive in a tent at a paintball event on Sunday.
Sheriff’s Lt. Matt Bilodeau says investigators found a fuel-burning heater in the tent, leading them to suspect the two died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Bilodeau says a medical examiner will determine the exact cause of death.
Bilodeau says Dowdy and Thomlinson were family friends. He says Thomlinson’s family was in a tent trailer next to Dowdy and Thomlinson’s tent.
The paintball event was being held about 11 miles south of the Hardware Ranch area.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.