Concert series tickets on sale for 2011 season
GRAND COUNTY – Season tickets are on sale now for Grand County’s classical concert series. The upcoming season brings noted artists from Colorado, around the country and Canada to Grand County. The 2011 season is designed with four concerts from January to April and two concerts in July.
“We’re pleased to announce a new season of great talent and music,” said Joyce Engel, President of the Grand County Concert Series. “The after-concert dessert receptions give the audiences a sweet opportunity to talk to the artists.”
The concert series continues to promote opportunities for Grand County students to meet and work with top professionals in music.
Next year, the Poulenc Trio will spend a day working at schools throughout the county.
Below is a list of the performers for next season:
• Poulenc Trio, Jan. 7 – With a mission to present thrilling and delightful performances in chamber music, this trio tours extensively and serves as artists in residence at the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore.
• Boulder Chorale, Feb. 18 – From the University of Colorado in Boulder, the Collegiate Chorale will make its first appearance in the concert series. This ensemble is one of the College of Music’s select mixed choruses.
• Quadre: The Voice of Four Horns, March 4 – These French Horn Masters have been called funny, self deprecating and highly entertaining. From the Manhattan School of Music in New York to the Greater Grand Forks Symphony in North Dakota, they’ve performed over 1,000 concerts, lectures and workshops throughout the country.
• Carpe Diem String Quartet, April 1 – This group is quickly becoming the premier American indie string quartet. Their repertoire includes gypsy, tango, folk, pop, rock and jazz inspired music as well as traditional string quartet music.
• Bergmann Piano Duo, July 1 – This award-winning Duo and audience favorite will be back to entertain Grand County. A review from the New Mexican, Santa Fe, put it this way,
“176 keys: 2 pianos in delightful harmony,”
• Denver Brass, July 10 – An outdoor concert in Hideaway Park will showcase the amazing sounds of the Denver Brass. Musically speaking, the fun-loving Denver Brass will have something for everyone. Goosebumps are guaranteed!
The first five concerts will be on Friday nights at 7 p.m. at the Church of the Eternal Hills in Tabernash. The Denver Brass will play on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. at Hideaway Park in Winter Park. Season tickets include all six concerts for $75. Tickets sold at the door are $20 for adults and $10 for students. Season tickets are available online at http://www.grand-countyconcertseries.org or call Mairi Nelson at 970-531-1635.
“Without the wonderful community support, our business sponsors, the Grand Foundation, the East Grand Education Foundation and private donations, we would not be able to present the outstanding, talented musicians that we have engaged this year,” said Engel.
For more information about concert series and sponsorship levels for the 2011 season, contact Joyce Engel at 970-726-9669 or Mairi Nelson at 970-531-1635.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.