Coroner: 2 in garage died from CO poisoning | SkyHiNews.com

Coroner: 2 in garage died from CO poisoning

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) – A Lafayette mother and daughter found dead in their car inside their garage died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

That’s the conclusion of the Boulder County coroner’s office in the deaths of 45-year-old Patrice Clark and 9-year-old Nicole. The coroner said Monday that the mother was extremely drunk when she died Nov. 17.

But the coroner’s office says it hasn’t determined the manner of the deaths.

Lafayette police have said the evidence pointed toward an accident rather than a murder-suicide.

Police told the Daily Camera in Boulder that the mother and daughter were in the vehicle’s back seat and the DVD player was flipped into the open position, but they don’t know if they were watching a DVD.

DELTA, Colo. (AP) – Police say a man found dead in a camp trailer in Delta died from carbon monoxide poisoning, which sickened three other people.

The four were found Saturday in the trailer in an RV park in the western Colorado town. Police said Monday that the death of 50-year-old Jack Herrera of Delta was accidental.

The other three people in the trailer were taken to the hospital. Police spokeswoman Jamie Head says two have been released and the third is expected to leave the hospital Tuesday.

Their names haven’t been released.

The owner of the park tells The Denver Post that a friend found the two men and two women unconscious.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.