County raises fire restrictions to stage 2
- Burning, open burning and open fires
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle
- Operating an internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device
- The use of welding equipment or operating acetylene torches
- The use of incendiary devices and the possession, use and sale of fireworks except for professional displays with the proper permits
Grand County is now under stage 2 fire restrictions.
County commissioners unanimously approved at a special meeting today the increased fire restrictions which went into effect at 4 p.m.
A stage 2 fire restriction prohibits burning, open burning and open fires; smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle; operating an internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device; the use of welding equipment or operating acetylene torches; the use of incendiary devices and the possession, use and sale of fireworks.
The only permitted fire and burning activities include the use of liquid or gas-fueled applicant; people with proper permits, such as for professional fireworks displays; open fires or burning used for fire suppression by local, state or federal officials; and fires used to inflate commercial hot air balloons.
Violations shall be punishable by a fine not more than $1,000 for each separate violation. And anyone starting, maintaining or permitting open burning or fires shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with extinguishing the fire and its damages.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.