Irish receives six year prison sentence
March 11, 2016
Brigid Irish was sentenced to six years in prison with the Colorado Dept. of Corrections during a sentencing hearing held Friday March 11, 2016 in District Court in Grand County.
District Judge Mary Hoak handed down the sentence following court proceedings in which Irish's Public Defender Chris Hamsher, Irish, District Attorney Brett Barkey and Grand County Board of County Commissioners Legal Counsel Alan Hassler all spoke to the Court and outlined their preferred sentencing outcomes.
After her sentence was handed down and after a brief tearful moment with friends and family in attendance Irish was taken into custody by deputies from the Grand County Sheriff's Office.
Irish had previously pleaded guilty to four of the 932 charges she was facing as part of her ongoing criminal trial. The sentencing hearing Friday afternoon brought to a close a nearly two year legal saga that garnered significant attention in the county.
A more detailed version of this story will be available soon on http://www.skyhidailynews.com.
Trending In: Crime
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park