Grand County adjusts map for public roads
Grand County, Colorado
The Grand County Board of County Commissioners held its annual road hearing on Tuesday and made several determinations:
– The roads that lie within the Grand View Park subdivision ” County Roads 4571, 4572, 4573, 4574 ” four miles outside Grand Lake were recorded as private. Road and Bridge officials told county commissioners that no record exists of the roads being added to the county system since they were dedicated to the homeowner’s association in 1997.
– County Road 811 in the Stagecoach Trail subdivision near Fraser was another map change made on Tuesday. Officials learned there is no record in the County Assessor’s data that the road was deeded to the county. Per the subdivision plat notes, the road is for owners of lots 1-3, according to information presented during the hearing. Thus, commissioners voted to exclude the road from the county system.
– Another change regarded two roads that shared the same name. County Roads 811 had north location (Stagecoach Trail) and a south location, road and bridge officials reported to commissioners. For this reason, the U.S. Forest Service road ” the more southern of the two 811s ” near the Mary Jane road and a Denver Water Board road was changed from CR 811 to “CR 81S.”
– A final map change simply fixed the map’s alignment of CR 83 as it actually appears.
– Commissioners held off removing from the map County Roads 4721 and 4723 in the Lakeridge Subdivision off Highway 34 south of Grand Lake, even though planning and road and bridge officials claimed from research conducted through the County Assessor’s office that they are not county roads. Since the roads have been county-maintained since 1983, County Attorney Jack Dicola advised commissioners to hold off making map changes to private roads to give adjacent property owners adequate notice.
” Tonya Bina can be reached at 887-3334 ext. 19603 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.