Grand County should fix Fox Run mold problem before it’s too late
To the Editor:
I can only give condolences to the residents of Fox Run Apartments. I was a tenant in building 175 for over a year, starting February 2003.
The drainage problem has always been an issue. First response from management was that when building Fox Run, they ran into a drain for the fire hydrant up on the hill; second response was there is a natural spring underneath.
When I moved into Fox Run, not all the phone jacks were connected, so Qwest had come over to correct the situation. However, when they entered the crawl space and discovered all the water and mold underneath my apartment, they pulled out and refused to come back until the situation was corrected.
After fighting with management for at least six months, they decided to call in a company to inspect and, to your amazement, they found TONS of water and mold. The solution? Seal it off.
The company hired to “seal” off the mold, came in one day, sprayed whatever solution they use to “seal” it off. The consequences were almost life-threatening. The odor of the chemicals they used caused us to leave our apartment(s), at our expense. My neighbor, who was eight months pregnant, had nowhere to go and fortunately her unborn child did not suffer any damage due to their lack of communication and carelessness.
In the meantime, my children and I suffered numerous respiratory problems, many medical expenses, including trips to the emergency room for asthma, infections, etc. Some of those problems still persist today.
I DON’T CARE WHAT IS CAUSING THE MOLD. Correct it for good before these tenants have serious issues that the county cannot afford.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.
Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.
If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Grand County Search And Rescue wants to thank everyone that participated in the annual Paul Robertson Memorial Golf Tournament on Sept. 12. It was a great day with golf, games at each hole, and search…