Grand Lake bus service announces schedule, stops and routes
Mountain Transportation Adventures (MTA), the new bus service operating out of the Grand Lake area, has put out its first official bus schedule and route.
The summer shuttle bus will operate on Saturdays and Sundays beginning at 8 a.m. at the Park-n-Ride facility located on Highway 34 between Granby and Grand Lake near Pine Beach. Tickets are $6 per ride or $12 for an all day pass. Family discounts are available.
Buses will leave from the Park-n-Ride facility on Highway 34 at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. heading eastbound. A bus will also depart from the Elk Creek Campground heading southbound at 9 a.m., 9:50 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:50 a.m., 3 p.m., 3:50 p.m., 5 p.m. and 5:50 p.m.
The MTA bus service is owned and operated by Curt Spencer, who also owns and operates Valley Taxi. Spencer explained that right now the bus schedule is only for weekends and only in the Grand Lake area but that he hopes to expand service throughout the county and to seven days a week if there is enough demand.
Spencer pointed out that MTA will be non-operational between noon and 2 p.m. on weekends and the last stop of the night will be at 6 p.m. at the Park-n-Ride facility.
Along with stops on the hour at the Park-n-Ride facility and Elk Creek Campground, the MTA will make stops a Sombrero Stables and the Mountain Food Market, Lone Eagle Lodge, the Rapids Lodge, the Yacht Club, Western Riviera, Adams Falls, Spirit Lake Lodge, Circle 3, Gateway Inn, Grand Lake Lodge, Winding River Resort, Go Carts and the Rocky Mountain National Park Kawuneeche Visitor’s Center.
For more information you can reach MTA at 970-888-1227. You can also reach them by emailing email@example.com. Their website is MTAGrandLake.com.
• A bus will leave from Sombrero Stables and the Mountain Food Market traveling eastbound at 8:05 a.m., 9:05 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 11:05 a.m., 2:05 p.m. 3:05 p.m., 4:05 p.m. and 5:05 p.m.
• A bus will depart from Lone Eagle Lodge traveling eastbound at 8:07 a.m., 9:07 a.m., 10:07 a.m., 11:07 a.m., 2:07 p.m., 3:07 p.m., 4:07 p.m. and 5:07 p.m.
• An eastbound bus will depart the Rapids Lodge at 8:10 a.m., 10:10 a.m., 2:10 p.m. and 4:10 p.m. A westbound bus route is also scheduled for departure from Rapids Lodge at 9:09 a.m., 11:09 a.m., 3:09 p.m. and 5:09 p.m. Another westbound bus will depart from the Rapids Lodge at 8:26 a.m., 10:26 a.m., 2:26 p.m. and 4:26 p.m.
• A westbound bus will depart from the Yacht Club at 8:12 a.m., 10:12 a.m., 2:12 p.m. and 4:12 p.m.
• A bus will depart from the Western Riviera heading eastbound a 8:14 a.m., 10:14 a.m., 2:14 p.m. and 4:14 p.m. A westbound bus departing from the Western Riviera will leave at 9:11 a.m., 11:11 a.m., 3:11 p.m. and 5:11 p.m. Another westbound bus will depart from the Western Riviera at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
• A bus departing Adams Falls will leave at 8:20 a.m., 10:20 a.m., 2:20 p.m. and 4:20 p.m.
• A westbound bus will depart the Spirit Lake Lodge at 8:32 a.m., 9:13 a.m., 10:32 a.m., 11:13 a.m., 2:32 p.m., 3:13 p.m., 4:32 p.m. and 5:13 p.m.
• The Circle 3 stop will have a bus departing at 8:33 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 10:33 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 2:33 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4:33 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.
• The Gateway Inn will have a northbound bus departing at 8:36 a.m., 10:36 a.m., 2:36 p.m. and 4:36 p.m. A westbound bus will depart Gateway Inn at 9:19 a.m., 11:19 a.m., 3:19 a.m. and 5:19 a.m.
• A westbound bus will depart the Grand Lake Go Carts at 9:17 a.m., 11:17 a.m., 3:17 p.m. and 5:17 p.m.
• A northbound bus will depart from the Grand Lake Lodge at 8:40 a.m., 9:22 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:22 a.m., 2:40 p.m., 3:22 p.m., 4:40 p.m. and 5:22 p.m.
• A bus will depart from Winding River Resort at 8:45 a.m., 9:35 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:35 a.m., 2:45 p.m., 3:35 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 5:35 p.m.
• A bus will depart from the Kawuneeche Visitors Center in Rocky Mountain National Park heading southbound at 8:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 10:50 a.m., 11:40 a.m., 2:50 p.m., 3:40 p.m., 4:50 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. A westbound bus will depart the Kawuneeche Visitors Center at 9:25 a.m., 11:25 a.m., 3:25 p.m. and 5:25 p.m.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.
Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.
If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Grand County voters will be deciding on a number of issues this November from tax increases to school board memberships. Ballots were mailed out last week and Election Day is Nov. 2.