Habitat for Humanity of Grand County seeks applicants
Habitat for Humanity of Grand County is now accepting applications for a family for the next Habitat House.
Construction will begin in the spring of 2011. The family selected will work with Habitat to build the house, which will be located in Hot Sulphur Springs. When the house is completed, the family will purchase the house with a no-interest loan from Habitat. If you are interested, please review the following information and complete the request for an application below.
How Do You Qualify for a Habitat House?
To qualify for a Habitat house you must:
• Have lived in Grand County for at least a year;
• Have an income of no more than $40,800 for a family of three or $35,500 for a family of two;
• Have sufficient income to be able to pay a monthly mortgage payment;
• Live in housing conditions that are not adequate for your family’s needs; and
• Commit to contribute “sweat equity” toward the construction of the house – 200 hours from each adult in the family.
“Sweat equity” means you contribute your time and efforts to help Habitat volunteers build the house and agree to help with various Habitat projects such as fundraising events and mailings. Each family member over age 18 must
contribute a minimum of 200 hours of sweat equity.
If you would like to apply, contact Habitat for Humanity of Grand County at 970-887-9138.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.