Happening at East Grand schools
East Grand School District Superintendent
• All third through fifth graders will be attending Career Day on Tuesday, March 13 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Each student will see three different presentations for 20 minutes each.
• Classroom teachers will supervise students, supervise hallways during transition times and help provide directions to next session, help guest speakers with technology and anything else they might need. Students will be mixed third through fifth and rotate to different rooms.
• Granby Elementary fifth grade music students are getting ready for their musical, “Harry Potter!” Students are making their own props during Mr. Wood’s Art class and running through scenes and music with Mrs. Veraldo in music. The fifth grade musical is Thursday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m. in the GES gym!
• This week is Winter Carnival at the High School. There were dress up days and volleyball matches in school. On Saturday, March 10 the high school will have the Winter Formal Dance.
• FREE Developmental/Health Screenings for children five and under. March 14 at Fraser Valley Elementary (726-8033) and March 15 at Granby Elementary (970-887-3312). Appointments are necessary. This is an excellent time to get information on all the wonderful preschool options in Grand County. Hope to see you there!!
• In PE classes at GES we have been learning about heart health and service to others. Last week we ended our Jump for Heart fundraiser with a jumping event which included a ton of fun activities with support from EMS, Granby PD and parent volunteers! The students at GES raised over $9,343 and are so proud to help people who have heart-related illnesses! This week students will improve their fitness by completing a giant obstacle course in the shape of a heart. Students will act as blood cells navigating their way through the heart and learning more details about heart healthy living choices and heart anatomy.
• Middle Park High School testing: Please mark your calendars for state testing. If at all possible, we encourage you to avoid appointments and other absences during CMAS Testing (Colorado Measures of Academic Success), so that students don’t have to pulled from regular classes for make-up testing. All students will be taking an English Language Arts test the mornings of March 27 and 28. Seventh and eighth grade students will be taking social studies (seventh) and science tests (eighth) the mornings of April 11 and 12. All students will be taking the math test the mornings of April 17 and 18.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.