Happenings at East Grand School District
• All fifth grade students attended Ameritowne in Lakewood last Thursday. The students had a great time learning about economics, personal finance and all of the intricacies of running a city.
• The annual Spring Sing was last Tuesday where all 3rd through 8th grade choir students performed in front of a packed house at the high school. The students put on a great show. Special thanks go out to our directors in each of the schools.
• Middle Park Civics students hosted a “Candidates Forum” on Thursday night. Thirteen candidates running for various offices came to speak and listen to our students and our audience.
• Middle School robotics teacher, Missy Quinn, was awarded a $5,000 scholarship getting her closer to reaching her goal of just over $20,000. This will allow her to purchase more robots and expand opportunities for students.
• For the second year in a row, East Grand School District is mentioned prominently in a study called A+ Colorado. This study compares districts of like demographics and East Grand shines at the top in many academic and demographic categories.
• Spring sports are wrapping up. EGMS track hosted a meet on Saturday and swept the team titles. They won seventh and eighth grade girls titles as well as seventh and eighth grade boys titles. MPHS track, baseball and girl’s soccer are getting ready for playoffs.
• Prom is this weekend. Let’s hope the students make wonderful memories and stay safe.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.