Health Network hosts session about health insurance on Oct. 11
FRASER — Grand County Rural Health Network is sponsoring an informational session about health insurance on Saturday, Oct. 11, from 1-3 p.m. at Fraser Valley Library after the Family 9Health Fair.
Health Coverage Guides will be available to answer questions about a variety of health insurance programs including Medicaid/CHP+, private health insurance and Medicare.
Open enrollment for 2015 health insurance coverage doesn’t start until Nov. 15, but there are some very important changes/updates this fall. Individuals and families are encouraged to attend the session to find out if they qualify for free or low-cost health insurance through Colorado Medicaid for adults, CHP+ for children or reduced-cost plans through Connect for Health Colorado.
Key points for the upcoming Connect for Health Colorado open enrollment session:
• The next open enrollment period to purchase coverage for 2015 is Nov. 15 to Feb. 15, 2015. This is half the time that Coloradoans had to shop and choose their plans last year, so start early.
• If you sign up by Dec. 15 and pay by Dec. 25, you will have coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2015. Those who enroll between Dec. 16 and Dec. 31 will have coverage beginning Feb. 1, 2015.
• Individuals and families can only enroll after Feb. 15 with qualifying life change event (like a new job, move or new baby). However, individuals can apply for Medicaid and/or CHP+ any time during the year.
• Tax credits are available to lower the cost of Health Insurance through Connect for Health Colorado.
• If you bought 2014 health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado, you will receive a renewal letter via mail or email. Please read and act on this letter to make sure you are enrolled in the best plan option for you and your family.
“With so many choices, health insurance can be confusing. We’re here to help,” said Jen Fanning, executive director of the Grand County Rural Health Network.
For more information, contact the Grand County Rural Health Network, 970-725-3477.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.