In the schools: New initiative will offer ‘pathway’ internships
Great Happenings in East Grand School District the week of Jan. 10.
• Winter Park Ski Patrol visited our middle school students this week. They talked about avalanche safety, backcountry safety and being safe on the slopes. Huge thanks to Winter Park and great job by Winter Park patroller JT Piribek.
• On Thursday, Jan. 16, a group of staff members, high school students and parents will travel to Kremmling to meet with members of West Grand School district and the Colorado Education Initiative to explore the Homegrown Talent Initiative. This exciting initiative will strive to offer internships for our students while they follow interest-directed “pathways” to graduation. Watch for more information to be shared with our community soon.
• Today our Middle Park High School Alpine Ski Team is competing at Winter Park. Please stop by and support our student-athletes. This evening we also have home basketball games for our girls and boys. It is a great chance to see our students perform on the court.
• On Saturday, our Nordic team will compete at Spring Gulch and our wrestlers will be in Lyons. Good Luck to all MPHS and EGMS sports teams this week.
• A reminder that Middle Park High School first semester finals will take place on Jan. 22 and 23.
• There will be no Friday school this week, as we are in transition to a new director. We hope to be up and running again next week.
• We received our first glimpse this week of the plans for our BEST grant safety construction projects. It is exciting to be able to see what new entrances and office space will look like at EGMS and FVE.
• On Thursday, many MPHS students visited Devil’s Thumb Ranch. They were exposed to the many different possible careers that the resort has to offer. Thanks to Devil’s Thumb for hosting our staff and students.
Enjoy the weekend.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.