Kite tangled in power lines sparks fire |

Kite tangled in power lines sparks fire

PARKER, Colo. (AP) – A kite with its twine tangled in power lines sparked a fire that came to within feet of several homes near Parker.

South Metro Fire Rescue spokesman Andy Lyon says that the fire scorched 5 acres of grass southeast of Parker Monday night. About 40 firefighters from several local fire departments responded and were able to bring the fire under control.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User