Kremmling’s West Grand Educational Foundaton appreciates community support
May 7, 2008
To the Editor:
We had our 10th annual banquet for the West Grand Community Educational Foundation the evening of April 12 to honor the 2008 Citizen of the Year, Mr. Perry Handyside. We enjoyed a wonderful and successful night of great food, entertainment and friends. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped make the evening such a great success.
– Sage Handyside for roasting his dad so eloquently and humorously
– U.S. Skills Club and sponsor Mark Buss, Principal Philip Bonds and Colleen Bonds for serving dinner and clean-up
– Curtis Frederickson for lighting and sound production
– Judy Sherman, Desarae Barworth and their kindergarten class for decorations
– Alica Ninesling, Amy Boyce and their first grade class for decorations
– Kremmling Preschool for entertainment
– Kathie Yost, Austin Sabados, and Michael Bunker for entertainment
– Bailey Gasvoda and Jordan Ellison, elementary speakers; Travis Gore and Maddie Whitten, middle school speakers; Kelsey Frank and Kimberly Bumgarner, high school speakers
– Blue Valley Ranch for the entertainment, “Chicken Lips”
– Kremmling Mercantile, Granby Dairy, The Moose Cafe, and Sysco Foods for food donations
– Last, but not least, Mr. Perry Handyside for being such an outstanding citizen that we could honor and his wonderful acceptance speech.
Most of all, we would like to “Thank you,” Grand County Community, for supporting us throughout the years. Without your support, our organization would not be able to accomplish the mission we have set forth for both our community and schools.
To show you that your donations and support are at work for our community and schools, here are some of the highlights for us this year:
– Over $10,000 in student and adult scholarships
– Start-up funding for the West Grand Community Wellness Center
– Grant to the Keystone Science Field Trip for the fifth-graders
– Donation toward the new middle school gym floor artwork
– Annual support of the West Grand After Grad Party
– Scholarship funding to Kremmling Preschool
– Grant to high school science field trip
– Donations to the high school EPYCS and Robotics Clubs
– Donation toward getting a covered ice rink for the Kremmling Cattle Kings Hockey Club
We appreciate what a wonderful community we all share and look forward to many more years of success. Remember, our organization is an open membership and we welcome anyone who would like to serve with us.
I would also like to thank the members of the West Grand Community Educational Foundation for all of their hard work and dedication. You are a wonderful group to work with and I am so proud to be a part of it all. Thank you so much for all that you do.
West Grand Community Educational Foundation