Letter: A few conservative suggestions
To the Editor:
Once again, liberal excrement is percolating up through the progressive septic tank, claiming that there are no constructive conservative suggestions. For those who have not been paying attention, or who have been watching MSNBC, which is the same as not paying attention, here is a partial list. Put on your listening ears.
• Cut the corporate tax rate in half.
• Close most tax loopholes and eliminate most deductions, and go to a flat tax.
• Balance the federal budget. Except for the military, all federal agencies, programs, departments and expenditures should be cut by 1 percent every year for 10 years.
• Restore and strengthen the military, and then use it when appropriate.
• Secure and seal our southern border. Round up and deport the 10 million illegals in this country. A bounty system would be useful in this regard.
• Grant waivers to every individual and business that wants an exemption from the abomination of Obamacare — it is strangling the economy.
• Stop the regulation of carbon dioxide emissions — global warming is a hoax that is being perpetrated by greedy con artists like Bob Kennedy and Al Gore.
• Eliminate Social Security for everyone under the age of 40. Institute tax-free retirement savings accounts to be controlled and funded solely by the individual.
• Raise the age of retirement for Social Security by 6 months, every year for 10 years.
•Eliminate welfare for all except the truly needy — we are becoming a nation of dependent, lazy welfare leeches.
• Eliminate government housing for all except the truly needy.
• Eliminate disability for all except the truly disabled.
• Pursue Medicare fraud and put all perpetrators in prison.
• All state and federal employees should be prohibited from belonging to unions, except for the purpose of negotiating wages.
• Eliminate luxurious retirement plans for federal employees.
• Eliminate the federal gas tax, and let the individual states raise their own highway taxes as they see fit. They would have better control, and there would be no federal pencil-pusher telling them what to do.
• Greatly expand the school vouchers program, and encourage more charter schools.
• Cut all foreign aid for at least five years, except to Israel.
• Build more prisons, and greatly reduce the amount of parole. There are too many people out walking around who shouldn’t be. And anyone convicted of three felonies goes away for life.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.
Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.
If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Adam’s Camp Colorado, an organization that provides a camp at the YMCA of the Rockies in Grand County for children and adults with disabilities, is looking for some help on a number of upcoming Sundays.